by Jason Deign
Explaining Green Hydrogen / Jason Deign in GreenTechMedia : “So, What Exactly Is Green Hydrogen?”
- Storing and transporting the highly flammable gas is not easy.
- Will require dedicated pipelines
- Is still expensive to produce today.
- Electrolyzer costs could fall by half by 2040.
- Requires very large amounts of cheap renewable electricity because a fair amount is lost in electrolysis.
- Green hydrogen currently accounts for less than 1 percent of total annual hydrogen production
Energy investment during COVID crisis: “World Energy Investment 2020” / IEA´s report
The energy industry that emerges from the Covid-19 crisis will be significantly different from the one that came before.
- Energy investment is set to fall by one-fifth in 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Investment activity has been disrupted by lockdowns but also by a sharp fall in revenues, especially for oil
- Covid-19 is a huge shock to the energy system, but the response also presents an opportunity to steer the energy sector onto a more resilient, secure and sustainable path