In this article reader will find 7 pressing cybersecurity questions to ask to make sure boards understand how cybersecurity is being managed by the organization. Simply asking these questions will also raise awareness of the importance of cybersecurity, and the need to prioritize action.
1. What are our most important assets and how are we protecting them?
2. What are the layers of protection we have put in place?
3. How do we know if we’ve been breached? How do we detect a breach?
4. What are our response plans in the event of an incident?
5. What is the board’s role in the event of an incident?
6. What are our business recovery plans in the event of a cyber incident?
7. Is our cybersecurity investment enough?