CEOs and energy experts collect 200 ideas. America drives clean energy.
The Center for the New Energy Economy (CNEE) at Colorado State University has released a report. The report title is «Powering Forward: Presidential and Executive Agency Actions to Drive Clean Energy in America». 100 CEOs and energy experts developed it last year. Report`s aim is to help President Obama to Curb Climate Change with a Clean Energy Economy. America drives clean energy with this initiative.
Some of these ideas are:
- Update regulations related to clean energy technologies. Today’s regulations complicate wind energy and rooftop solar systems at American’s homes. Today’s new energy technologies are 10 years ahead of utilities. Utilities are 10 years ahead of regulations,
- Empower state leadership.
- Create new opportunities for clean energy investments by the private sector.
- Issue even more aggressive goals for the government’s use of third-party financing for energy efficiency and renewable energy improvements in federal operations. This financing tool allows the government to have guaranteed savings on its energy bills at no cost to taxpayers.
- Resume reporting the number of green jobs in the economy.
- Encourage early adoption of new energy efficiency and renewable energy measures.
- Explain how reduce greenhouse gas emissions from existing fossil-fuel power plants.
- Issue rulings and interpretations of the tax code to increase incentives for private investors to capitalize clean energy technologies.
- Require that oil and gas companies use best practices on federal lands on natural gas production.
The CNEE initiative was inspired by President Obama at the White House. Last March, he met with 14 corporate and private sector leaders. They reached out to experts and leaders across the country.
This report outlines recommendations that would enable the federal government to lead America on a path to doubling energy productivity while dramatically increasing innovation across the country.”
Initiative was good, now if Obama acts, then America drives clean energy.